The Computer Systems Technician is responsible for handling all setup and configuration of new hardware/software as well as trouble-shooting existing customer owned systems and OrLANtech owned managed services equipment. This will primarily involve hands-on IT Support of hardware, imaging of systems, data backup/recovery, and asset management. Additionally, as time permits, the Computer Systems Technician will assist our Help Desk with 1st level support of service requests. This support relates to all technology, including workstations, servers, printers, networks, and vendor specific hardware and software.
- Responsible for managing new computer setups for clients.
- Analyzes and repairs hardware and software malfunctions.
- Responsible for both picking up and dropping off equipment for clients.
- Backup & Data Recovery for systems requiring maintenance and/or repair.
- Maintain cleanliness of bench work area, as well as stock room.
- Operating System imaging, organization, upkeep, and deployment, as it relates to our Backup Disaster Recovery (BDR) devices, and client specific images.
- Communication with customers as required: keeping them informed of incident progress, notifying them of impending changes or status of tickets and repairs.
- Detailed internal communications and graceful/timely handoff of hardware and tickets to expedite deployments and/or escalations, working with Service Coordinator as needed to ensure proper handling and routing.
- IT Support relating to technical issues involving Microsoft’s core business applications and operating systems.
- Basic remote access solution implementation and support: VPN and Remote Desktop Services.
- Continue education and personal growth on subjects related to responsibilities.
- Work with the Service Coordinator to ensure requests are routed to the proper resource in order to be resolved quickly and efficiently.
- Document internal processes and procedures related to duties and responsibilities.
- Work through a daily schedule in ConnectWise primarily off the Bench Board.
- Create and update configurations in ConnectWise, as needed.
- Responsible for entering time and ticket notes in ConnectWise as it occurs. Enter all work as service or project tickets in ConnectWise, detailing client work throughout the week.
- Complete time and expense entry at the end of the day and submit time and expense sheets promptly at end of pay period.
- Learn and use the available OrLANtech tools to better support our customers.
- Arrive early or on time for all in-house and customer facing meetings and conference calls as well as firm time on-site appointments.
- Ability to multi-task and adapt to changes quickly.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work in a fast moving environment.
- Interpersonal skills: such as telephony skills, communication skills, active listening and customer-care.
- Typing skills to ensure quick and accurate entry of service request details.
- Advanced understanding of operating systems, business applications, printing systems, and network systems.
- Ability to work in a team and communicate effectively.
- Improve client service, perception, and satisfaction.